Used Van, New Conversion - Perhaps the Ideal Solution for you
Struggling to find a good quality used Wheelchair Accessible Minibus?
How our ‘Design Your Own Minibus' is a popular choice for those looking for an affordable wheelchair accessible minibus.
Not everyone can afford a brand new wheelchair accessible minibus, and with a general shortage of good quality used wheelchair accessible minibuses for sale, what are your options?
Step up to the plate, Minibus World.
Our "design your own minibus" service provides a flexible, affordable way to own your ideal minibus. Dream your perfect minibus and we can build it for you.
Combined with our range of high quality, low mileage vans, the ‘design your own minibus' service we offer is possibly the best way there is for you to get the minibus that exactly meets your needs.
Our customisation options include:
• Wheelchair passenger restraint systems: a choice of systems including webbing tie-downs, retractable tie-downs, docking systems
• Wheelchair Lifts & Ramps: lightweight portable telescopic ramps suitable for very occasional use to removable fold-out ramps, assist winches or electrically operated hydraulic wheelchair lifts that take all of the effort out of loading wheelchair bound passengers into the vehicle
• Reverse cameras and sensors - A cost effect way to safe guard against possible knocks and bangs particularly when parking and will undoubtedly save expensive repairs bills in the future
• Storage solutions - Overhead luggage racks are highly popular and a safe way to store small backpacks etc, other storage options include luggage cages (which can be removable so you only carry it when needed), or cabinets/lockers with lockable doors should you need more security
• Accessibility – an essential part of any minibus, including electric powered front doors or traditional side door entry, with a wide range of handrail options to suit passengers of all ages and mobility
• Seating – we work with the UK's leading seating manufacturers to offer you the best seating solution for your Minibus. Available with 400mm, 425mm or 450mm wide seat cushions. Options include fixed, moulded, recliner, side mounted tip and fold, removable or flip up seats (if space is a premium). Removable seats can even be fitted with transport wheels so that moving them is easy. Tracked flooring systems and quick release fittings provide incredible flexibility, allowing for you to change the seat layout according to your particular needs and to accommodate wheelchair bound passengers. Add to that a huge range of options for seat colour, material and head/arms rest too!
• Steps: choose from under sill mounted manual or automatic electric or a fold out style side step
• Skylights & Windows: not just for a sunny day, skylights are now an essential safety feature. We generally fit a large combined coach style 4 way opening roof hatch, which also meets current Minibus type approval regulations as an emergency exit roof hatch. Other sizes, type and style are also available
• Signwriting: if your minibus is for a school or organisation, we can brand your minibus to match your corporate identity
• Heating & Cooling - The size of the Minibus and how you wish to use it may determine if we would recommend additional heating/cooling above that of what the standard van features. We fit vented/opening side windows on all our conversions as standard (not something all convertors do) and when combined with a pop up roof vent this generally provides sufficient aeration and cooling to the rear passenger saloon on vehicles up to 17 seats in size. Rear air conditioning units are available however, should you wish to consider this option. We do recommend you consider a rear heating unit for this size of Minibus and they are available from as little as &500 for a basic fan powered heater. Programmable diesel fired heaters are also an option
Our "design your own minibus" service is not just limited to the used vans we have, we also supply any make or model of brand new vehicle at industry leading prices.
Your safety is paramount. We only use components such as glazing, seats, floor tracking that are appropriately tested to the correct safety standards. Our seat belt anchorage system has been thoroughly tested to meet Individual Vehicle Approval (IVA) type approval regulations with the testing being witness by VCA (Vehicle Certification Agency).
We also supply the CanDrive range of lightweight and wheelchair accessible minibuses that can be driven on a normal car licence so don't require a D1 licence.
Remember that we also offer nationwide delivery and a first-class after sales service.
Minibus World are minibus conversion experts and have converted hundreds of vehicles of a variety of makes & models and to a wide range of configurations, and with many satisfied customers. If you want it, we can build it! Email our sales team or call 01782 444 289 for an informal chat about your wheelchair accessible minibus needs.
“[Minibus World were] very helpful with any questions about detail that we asked. ... very pleased with the finish of the vehicle. All our contact was via the website and email/telephone so we are even happier with the finished result ...we would have no hesitation in ordering again if and when we have a need.”
G.M., June, 2016
June 15, 2016Share this post: