Winter Maintenance Prize Draw
Preparing your Minibus for the Winter months will help save you a lot of potential inconvenience. We have alreadyseen the first hard frost andsome icy conditions but with some simple actions you canensure your Minibus and Drivers are prepared.
Our aim is tokeep your drivers, passengers and minibus safe on the road. If you will be driving your minibus over the Winter months it is worth spending a few minutes reading our guidancefor maintaining your vehicle, driver awareness and travelling in the snow & ice.
Are Your Drivers Prepared?
- Are your Drivers Experienced in Winter Driving?
- Have they had training on how to control a minibus in the snow and ice?
- Will they know what to do if conditions suddenly change with a full minibus?
- Do they undertake pre-journey checks and have a journey plan?
- Have they got a hi-vis jacket, torch, snowshovel, a hot drink, jump leads andfuel?
Our Top Maintenance Tips
- Check your Tyres for Grip,Tread and Pressure
- Check Oil, Anti-Freeze and Screen Wash Levels
- Check the Lights are Working and can be Seen
- Lubricate Locks and Locking Mechanisms
- Check your Windscreen Wipers
- Ensure your Battery is Fully Charged
- Have your Air-Con System Serviced as this canhelp to Demist your Minibus Effectively
Our Top Tips for Travelling
- Unless Absolutely Necessary do not Travel
- Be Vigilant as Snow and Ice means reduced traction and Longer Stopping Distances
- Check the Weather Forecast and Travel News
- Remember Extra Clothing, Water &Food for the Driver and Passengers
- Plan your Route, charge your Mobile Phoneand take your phone charger
- Ensure you have adequate break down cover or at the very least a contingency plan
Back to Basics
Allow your engine to warm up, remove the snow from the windows, lights and registration plates, leaveat least 10 minutes earlier for your journey and ensureyou have full visibility before travelling.
It is important to remember that if you have accessibility equipment on your minibus such as a lift, ramps,step and removable seatsit is important to follow the manufacturer's maintenance guidelines.
Being proactive with the maintenance and safety of your minibus will help you and your passengers be saferthroughout the Winter months.
Safe motoring and enjoy the festive period.
All the best from the team at Minibus World
01782 444289 / firstname.lastname@example.org
November 16, 2017Share this post: